Monday, March 25, 2013

Intro

"Being me in Uganda". I do not know if I like that blog name because the verb 'being' sounds too stable. After dying, one of my biggest fears is to get stuck with current routines and neglect the feeling of boredom - I have seen this, so what next? Often people are encouraged to seek out for the profession or way of living that makes them happy. Could this be simply that I keep gaining different experiences, both positive and negative? Living a summer on a small island, being dumped and heart broken, going sky diving over mountains, sitting endless hours at the office... I doubt that I will ever find one single thing that makes me satisfied for the rest of my life. There are way too many things to experience to keep doing any of them for too long. Hopefully for me, 'being me' means change, development and increasing awareness.

Disclaimer: I am not a writer.

I find it interesting to analyze for example social structures and behavior, emerging of differing ideologies and what should be done to the inequality between people. I try to grab my own motives and feelings to find out what I consider meaningful and true source of happiness. Doing a considerable amount of thinking and questioning is not always easy but surely interesting. Momentarily I think I have gotten a hang of something or I am at least asking right questions. Then it would be nice to be able to write down my thoughts, but I cannot form smart sentences to make my point. It would take me an A4 or two to explain a thought, which a writer, like my favorite Paolo Coelho, says in a few lines. This is due to lack of practice, talent and self confidence. How would I have anything new and fresh to tell, as someone surely has told it before. But, not even the greatest wisdom makes sense until we have processed it by ourselves. That being said, I will keep discovering old truths, as for me they are personal achievements.

So, as I am not a writer, I must leave some things unwritten so far. I hope that having this blog will help me in developing my writing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment