Thursday, May 14, 2015

Appreciate each day

I wake up to the familiar sound of my alarm and reach out for the cell phone to turn it off. It reminds me of the previous morning, when I similarly woke up. Except that since yesterday one day has passed. One day of my life is gone forever. I am one day closer to death.

How did I spend that one day? Did I do anything worth looking back to or being proud of? I sure hope I did not just blankly live it through. I hope I gave attention to the people I met, took notice on happenings around me and even initiated some sources of joy. Most of all, I hope I did not mistreat the day as an eternal source of time.

Today I am living the day that will be gone tomorrow. I may be going through repetitive tasks or big adventures. In whatever case, what do I want to remember of it the following morning? Or what if next day does not exist for me?


Gotta love Chinglish ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment